Obama's technology document begins with a set of policy goals:
- Ensure the full and free exchange of information among Americans through an open Internet and diverse media outlets.
- Create a transparent and connected democracy.
- Encourage the deployment of a modern communications infrastructure.
- Employ technology and innovation to solve our nation's most pressing problems, including reducing the costs of health care, encouraging the development of new clean energy sources, and improving public safety.
- Improve America’s competitiveness.